Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Mink Scarf WIP

Since I talked about my WIP (Work in Progress) projects, I thought I might share some of them with you. 


This is my Mink Scarf which is a very simple pattern.  I plan on wearing it just like it shows in the picture (above) so I had to make it a bit longer than a normal scarf.  The length will be about 85" and is taking approx. 750 yards of the  fingering weight yarn (2 skeins of the mink).  This is the kind of scarf you could make with any yarn and any weight.  It's basically a seed stitch scarf.  Half way through the scarf I cast off 5 stitches on each side to make the neck slimmer, working in garter stitch, just for the neck.  That way when I fold the scarf in half and put the remainder of the scarf through the loop, the neck won't be so bulky.

 
I am very, very close to being finished with this project.  The ends have not been sewn in and of course it hasn't been blocked, but I think it will be one of my favorite scarves when I am done. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment