Thursday, March 7, 2013

My latest obsession!

Hello again!  Krista here!  Its been a while since Ive last posted.  Ive been on a little vacation back in the cold Midwest with the family.  We had a great time playing in the snow and managed to stay quite warm.  Although its hard to leave after family visits, it was nice to get to the warmer Northwest.  


So Im back and I HAVE to share with you my latest obsession!  I can't believe how excited I am about this Lace-Link Cowl written by Jo Strong!  Here here!  Look!  When I first saw this sweet project I knew immediately I needed to have it!  What is so special about it you ask?  Well, heres why I like it...  First of all, its FREE!  I mean, how can you go wrong there?  Second, it looks lightweight yet warm and cozy.  I think its the mix of thick and thin and yet its not made with a 'novelty' yarn.  It requires about 220 yds of worsted or aran weight and 440 yds of lace weight.  And speaking of, Ive been wanting to get more experience working with lighter weight yarn and heres the perfect project with out being a complicated 'true lace' pattern!  Next is the color opportunity!  How many great combinations could you make?!  Its endless!  Oh, I get all jittery just thinking about it!  



So, today I decided I couldn't wait to plan this project.  (It also didn't help that I was at work... in a knit shop... where its hard to resist shopping!)  So here is what I came up with!  I am going to use Cascade Yarn's Alpaca Lace in #1419 or otherwise known as Lake Chelan Heather.  As my worsted I am using Mirasol Miski in color #104.  Don't they look great?!  There is a mix of bright blue-green that runs through both, almost like they were made to go together.  AND on top of all that excitement, I picked up some Kollage Square Needles to knit it on.  I mean seriously, its like I hit the jackpot!  Just look at the points on these!  



Aside from being super pointy (which I prefer) Ive been told the square shape allows for a better grip which makes it easier for arthritic hands or for those whose hands start to hurt after a while.  They are also great for anyone who goes up and down in gauge.  We carry all these fabulous yarns and needles at Main Street Yarn.  Stop in and plan yours today!   

2 comments:

  1. I had to see the project with 2 colors to really "get" it, but it looks like dragon scales! Not that I need more cowls in my favorites...grumble. - Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always use more favorites! Its knitting them all that gets to you! :0D I would like to link the pictures to the blog, but as its not my picture, I didn't feel it was appropriate. I will post a picture of mine when its all done though so you don't have to leave the website to see it.

      Delete